Chatham County Police Records Unit
The Records Unit is responsible for processing and maintaining the integrity of all police reports, traffic citations, and GCIC entries generated each year. CCPD complies with all federal, state, county laws and ordinances, according to the Georgia Open Records Act, and, upon request, shall make public all records subject to disclosure.
What services do the Records Office provide?
- Incident Reports
- 911 Recording
- Accident Reports
- CAD Reports
- Citation Copies
- Bodycam Videos
- Fingerprinting for Regulatory Services
- Tow Forms
- Open Records
How long does it take to obtain the results from an Open Records Request?
Reports are provided in accordance with State laws within 3 business days. Additional requests that are custom in nature may take longer, and time may vary between each request. The approximate date will be advised on a case-by-case basis.
Cost Associated with Open Records Request
Cost is in accordance with State laws. Reports are 10 cents per page. Audio and Video costs are determined by the time or length of incident, the materials used, and by the lowest waged person completing the request.
The first 15 minutes are free of charge.
What laws govern Open Records Requests?
Open Records Request are governed by Georgia State Law, code sections 50-18-70 through 50-18-76:
- 50-18-70 - (a) As used in this article, the term 'public record' shall mean.
- 50-18-71 - (a) In all cases where an interested member of the public has a right
- 50-18-71.1 - (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article
- 50-18-71.2 - Any agency receiving a request for public records shall
- 50-18-72 - (a) Public disclosure shall not be required for records that are:
- 50-18-73 - (a) The superior courts of this state shall have jurisdiction in law
- 50-18-74 - (a) any person knowingly and willfully violating the provisions of
- 50-18-75 - Communications between the Office of Legislative Counsel
- 50-18-76 - No form, document, or other written matter which is
Things that have to be completed at the Records Office in person:
Please direct any questions to the Records Office by calling 912-652-6988 or by visiting
You can pick up documents and materials from Chatham County Police Records at 295 Police Memorial Drive, Savannah, Ga. 31406
Please do not submit payment with your open records request. Forms of payment accepted are cash, business checks, and debit/ credit card. We do not accept payments over the phone. We do accept payments in person and by mail.